Jeremy Horst – Head
Coach2023 – 2024 U13AA –Sharks
Email: [email protected]
Mobile (416) 254 - 8118
I am excited to be part of the Sharks organization and named Head Coach of the U13AA hockey team for the upcoming 2023 – 2024 season. I have seven years of coaching experience; one year as an Assistant Coach with the Scarborough Sharks Novice B (2016 – 17) team, Head Coach of Scarborough Sharks Novice B (2017 – 18, Atom A (2018 – 2019) team, Atom AA (2019 – 2020), U13AA (2020 – 2021) and the U13AA Scarborough Sharks Team (2021 - 2022 and 2023).
Personally, I believe that sport is important for human well-being, health and life stability. My goals for the U13AA program for the upcoming season revolves around creating a program that will develop and improve each players’ hockey skills, understanding team play / team strategy, as well as teaching the values of hard work, and respect in sport. My coaching / team philosophy revolves around a few key concepts:
▪ Have fun and provide a positive learning environment – positive growth mindset.
▪ Using hockey as a way to teach invaluable life lessons such as the values of hard work, dedication, teamwork, and discipline.
▪ Respecting the coaches, teammates, officials and opponents at all times.
▪ High focus on skills development for all players, with skills training provided by professional hockey skills coaches.
Next season, I am very pleased to be collaborating and working side-by-side with a strong Coaching staff for next season;
Chris Crosthwaite – Assistant Coach (non-parent),
Mark Evangelista – Scarborough Sharks U15AA Coach and Skill Development Coach
Gery Othmann – Player Development and Skills Coach.
Mark Evangelista will be working side-by side with the U13AA Coaching Staff both on and off the ice, to improve and strengthen the overall player development, with the ultimate goal of preparing our players to play at the elite level as they transition from U13AA to U15AA. Mark will be running skills development programming and will provide feedback to our players through the season to track their development.
The U13AA program will consist of the following:
▪ Pre-season practices, exhibition games and hockey tournaments.
▪ Regular season practices (minimum 2 - 3 per week including skills training provided by Professional skills coach once per week)
▪ Dryland Training provided by a Professional Strength and Conditioning Coach
▪ Regular season games played as part of the LLFHL and subsequent playoff games and provincial games as determined by results. The LLFHL is the premier league for girls in Ontario.
▪ Three to four tournaments, including 1 “out-of-town” tournament to help build bonds of friendship on the team.
▪ Goalie Training – Professional goalie training will be included in the team budget.For more information on the 2023 – 2024 Scarborough Sharks U13AA program, please contact me.